The innovative design of our windows will leave you with lower energy bills and a warmer home.
These benefits are the result of the windows’ unique Liniar profile system, with its internal beading and fully sculptured profile. The window profile is the most technically advanced on the market, as well as being completely lead free and fully recyclable. Here at iGlaze we use the energy plus range as standard, saving you money for years to come, but at no extra cost.
Structure: Trapping warmth
There is a basic three-step structure to our windows:
- The Outer Pane: Standard glass or Pilkington Optiwhite ; an extra clear glass which increases solar heat gain, making homes feel warmer and saving on energy bills
- The Inner Pane: Made of Low E (low emissivity) has the ability to keep heat inside the home from escaping
- The Cavity Between Panes: Filled with argon gas, as well as a warm edge spacer. The cavity of gas acts like a barrier for heat loss, therefore improving thermal efficiency.
Pilkington have been leading the way in glass technology development since 1826 and over the course of nearly two centuries they have built on their extensive technical expertise and impressive innovation to become one of the world leaders in glass technology. Their products are of the highest quality, with structural glazing and excellent energy saving properties as standard.
Our windows use the Liniar system which incorporates sculpted beading, attention to detail and a special internal beading structure that makes it excellent in both form and function. The Liniars system’s design and structure means our windows are incredibly efficient when it comes to reducing energy loss.
A Closer Look
Pilkington Optiwhite is an extra clear glass that has high solar and light transmittance as well as excellent thermal regulation properties. This durable glass was developed with energy in mind, having a lifetime of performance and meeting all energy efficient requirements (as of October 2010).
Optiwhite glass is available as either:
- Annealed (strengthened against temperature and mechanically induced shock)
- Tempered (toughened so it crumples into chunks instead of splinters and jagged shards)
- Decorative (textured for use in bathrooms and other spaces in need of privacy)
There is a basic three-step structure:
The Outer Pane is Made of Pilkington Optiwhite or standard glass; an extra clear glass which increases solar heat gain, making homes feel warmer and saving on energy bills
The Inner Pane: The inner pane comprises of Low E. Low E is a UK bestseller thanks to its low emissivity and its ability to keep heat inside the home from escaping
- The Cavity Between Panes The cavity between panes is filled with argon gas, as well as a warm edge spacer. The cavity of air acts like a barrier for heat loss, therefore improving thermal efficiency.
The shootbolt locking mechanism of the windows adds to the security of your home. A shootbolt lock is a multi-point locking system that secures your windows to the frame via the upward movement of a sprung handle. For a subtle finish, we even offer a choice of white, black, chrome or gold handle fixtures.
All first floor and above windows have a 90 degree opening which means they meet the building regulations of 2002. These fire escape hinges will also give you peace of mind when it comes to your home’s security and safety.
Trickle vents for windows are available on request. They meet building regulation requirements and help to ventilate indoor spaces which are meant to be naturally ventilated. Trickle vents can actually help you avoid problems associated with poor ventilation, such as condensation and mould growth.